I spent awhile rummaging around the net for a good resource to remember how I painted the model and the best resource I found was from a Youtube channel which had a series of videos on how to paint a Cave Troll. I have written a summary to accompany the video series (paint name reference sheet).
Stage One: Assembly & Base Coat
To start first assemble your model, this involves:
- Testing that joints fit together and filing them down if necessary (metal).
- Making customization’s to your model and base as per your preference.
- Gluing model parts together.
- Attaching the assembled model to its base.
- Applying a base coat of Chaos Black (can be done in White but I did it in Black).