Many years ago I used to play Games Workshops Lord of the Rings table top game. Naturally following this hobby I painted a number of models. One such model was the Cave Troll from Moria.
I spent awhile rummaging around the net for a good resource to remember how I painted the model and the best resource I found was from a Youtube channel which had a series of videos on how to paint a Cave Troll. I have written a summary to accompany the video series (paint name reference sheet).
Stage One: Assembly & Base Coat
To start first assemble your model, this involves:
- Testing that joints fit together and filing them down if necessary (metal).
- Making customization’s to your model and base as per your preference.
- Gluing model parts together.
- Attaching the assembled model to its base.
- Applying a base coat of Chaos Black (can be done in White but I did it in Black).
Continue reading Cave Troll Painting Guide – Games Workshop, Lord of the Rings
Here’s an painting project I did several years back when I was playing Games Workshop Lord of the Rings table top board game. The models are the Spider Queen (without her swarms) and four Giant Spiders.
To paint these models I followed the Fall of The Necromancer Sourcebook painting guide on page 25, so a big thanks to Games Workshop for such a great book. Unfortunately it’s no longer available, but there are of course still ways to get a copy…
Continue reading Spider Queen and Company