Setup steps (ensure you have admin privileges):
- Download the game from your Steam library.
- Go to the location of Sacrifice.exe in your system, the path is something like – C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacrifice
- Right click on Sacrifice.exe and go into Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab from the Sacrifice.exe Properties menu that pops up, then press the Change settings for all users button.
- Tick all the boxes in the following menu that pops up and change the Compatibility Mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) then press the Apply button then OK.
- Now go to your Display Settings. I went via Change display settings via the Display menu in the Control Panel.
- On opening the Screen Resolution menu change your screen resolution to the lowest it will go.
- With all that done go back to the Sacrifice.exe right click it and choose the Run as administrator option (just to be safe).
Note – Play around with your settings. I just suggested what worked for me. You might get it working with a better combination of settings for your system.