Team Tiny is a four person project at Carnegie Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center tasked with building an educational iPad game for Colonial School in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
The following is a week by week look into the project with a focus on design.
- Week 1 – Setup & Initial Brainstorming
- Week 2 – Client meeting, more brainstorming and first prototype
- Week 3 – More prototypes and iterations on prototypes.
- Week 4 – Development of ideas for 1/4 presentations
- Week 5 – Playtesting and new direction
- Week 6 – Focus, meeting with Zynga
- Week 7 – GDC!
- Week 8 – First digital prototype playtests
- Spring Break! – Playtesting!
- Week 9 – Puzzle crafting
- Week 10 – Further puzzle crafting, playtest day
- Week 11 – Finishing puzzles, map and reward system, deeper puzzle analysis