Shortly after joining Red Stallion Gaming, a video game publisher in Bahrain. I started developing their Android mobile application.
When I got my hands the app it was setup to communicate with a Web API, could only perform simple login and game download. There was plenty of work to do, and my efforts in this project were most notably:
- Redesigning a new look and feel for the app.
- Improving the login feature, as well as adding social media integration’s, for sign in and sign up.
- Adding purchasing functionality with payment methods such as PayPal and Red Stallion Gaming virtual currency.
- Adding a SQLite database for persistent storage to significantly reduce the data requests to the server, and improve the users experience.
- Adding Wishlist, Library, Forgot Password and Search features.
- Adding basic DRM measures.
- Implementing a procedure, with built in token refreshing, of communicating with the existing API and a newly developed API to collect data for a smooth user experience.
The result of all this work was me completely redesigning, refactoring and implementing the mobile application. It’s been a lot of hours of work, but its finally released!
There’s lots more work to do on it, and in the mobile side of the company, but I’m happy to say that we’ve taken our first step.