Warning there be spoilers ahead! Read at your own peril!
Entwined’s gameplay can be broken down into two sections:
- An on the rails experience in a tube game space with a fish and bird respectively confined to a half of the tube.
- Each side of the tube has a PowerUp bar that is filled by the player collecting objects contained on that side.
- Objects are collected through the player moving the fish and bird using their controllers joysticks.
- When the bar is full the player morphs into a dragon and goes into the SkyWrite section.
- A freeroam experience where players use their controllers joysticks to fly around a fixed area collecting orbs till the sections PowerUp bar is filled.
- Once the PowerUp bar is filled the player can SkyWrite leaving a persistant trail.
- When SkyWriting is complete the player can proceed to the next PowerUp section to continue the game.
- Beautiful visuals
- When the bird and fish come close together their color melds into a green, which is the same color of the dragon they later morph into.
- Little orbs used to direct player to fly interesting areas
- Powerup system links into joystick controls well
- Great tutorial. The developers employed practical examples with clear visual indicators in both PowerUp and SkyWrite sections.
- Good use of orange and blue which are strong color themes throughout game